Data Center Services
Missouri offers an ideal location for an underground data center. The Bluebird Underground facility is housed in a cave carved out of natural limestone, which provides a safe and secure environment. Being in Missouri allows close accessibility to data center customers while enjoying low business costs. Combined, these attributes allow Bluebird Underground the opportunity to grow our business while providing a cost-effective data center experience for our customers,” -stated Michael Morey, President and CEO of Bluebird Network
“Below Ground; Above Standards”
The Bluebird Underground Data Center located in Springfield, Missouri understands the importance of using a natural resource to offer protection from natural and unnatural disasters. Located 85 feet below ground in Springfield, Missouri, and surrounded by solid limestone, our data center combines the inherent protection of the underground with man-made security measures to safeguard your data and hardware. Data Center suites, colocation cages and colocation racks allow customers the flexibility to expand their hosting network with ease.
Our multi-layered security access methods include visual inspections from two 24×7 guard stations, keycard access, video monitoring and biometric scanning. Once inside, we incorporate mantraps and restrictive access policies for each customer’s space, providing security within each zone of the facility.
To further ensure the security and continuous operation of our data center, all critical infrastructure is located underground. This unique design allows the Bluebird Underground Data Center confidence in providing our 100% uptime guarantee. That confidence is further ensured by being a SOC 2, Type 2 certified data center.
The Bluebird Underground Data Center has the advantage of being a Bluebird Network Facility. Bluebird Network provides our data center with high speed, carrier-class Internet and data services through our fiber network that runs in and out of the data center via multiple fiber paths and entrances.
The protection and security of Bluebird Underground, integrated with the advanced technology and state-of-the-art infrastructure of Bluebird Network, elevates data center solutions to a whole new level. At Bluebird Underground, we are below ground and above standards.
To schedule a tour of Bluebird Underground, please fill out our Request a Tour form here.
Download our Data Center Brochure
Located 85 feet below the surface, Bluebird Underground is well equipped to handle your data center, colocation and hosted provider needs.
This facility provides data center, colocation, gigabit transport and gigabit Internet services. Two conference rooms and a common area are available to customers as well.
This cutting-edge facility features the highly reliable infrastructure to support critical data operations within a naturally hardened environment.
OUR UNDERGROUND ADVANTAGE
- 85 feet underground and surrounded by limestone rock.
- A consistent and stable year-round environment and temperature of 64-68 degrees F.
- Redundant cooling units and a chilled water delivery system ensure temperature and humidity set points.
- SOC 2 Type 2 Certified.
- Private streets within the mine blocks public access and viewing.
- Underground location prevents satellite imaging.
- 24 hours a day; 7 days a week above and below ground guard stations.
- Multi-tiered security measures including visual inspection, access control,
video monitoring, mantrap and biometric scanning.
OUR PROTECTION FROM DISASTER
- Each data center building is protected by a FM-200 fire suppression system.
- Common areas are protected by a double interlock zoned sprinkler system.
- Air sampling systems within each data center building detect changes in air ionization.
- Hot aisle/cold aisle containment keeps equipment cool and ensures operational efficiency.
- All critical infrastructure to guarantee uptime are located underground.
- Dual fed substation backed up by UPS, two (2) MW generators, and battery back-up.
- Redundant critical infrastructure ensures continuous operations during natural or unnatural events.
*The underground data center includes the ability to connect to Bluebird Network, with data center and colocation services being added to the lineup of services provided. Our customers enjoy a service level agreement for both the electrical and environmental services provided.*
Bluebird Underground Data Center Video Tour
-A brief tour of the Bluebird Underground Data Center.
Bluebird Virtual 360 Tour
-A 360 virtual reality tour of the Bluebird Underground Data Center. Video is compatible with VR goggles if viewed on the Youtube mobile app.
Bluebird Underground Expansion with Schneider Electric
-Learn how we worked with Schneider Electric to overcome the challenges of expanding an underground data center 85 ft below ground.